These chocolate cupcakes are without a doubt one of my favourite creations. Rissie has claimed this recipe as her own and she always has a batch in the freezer for school. She is also quite popular among our Italian friends for her cupcakes!
I have shared this recipe in various forms, but this is the base cake recipe that can be adapted with other flavours such as peppermint or vanilla, nuts can be added etc. Rissie and Archie just have these as is for school and in the coming weeks I will try to do a post on my favourite vegan icings.
It has taken me a little while to get back into the kitchen after being away, as our time away seems to have thrown my routine out the window and I have been a little off kilter! Archie, Rissie and I have loved our first week home though, they have had an awesome week at high school and with 45-minute bus trip each way and no school drop off I am celebrating a few extra hours in the day.
Stay tuned for oodles of yumminess coming your way soon!
Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes
- 420 gram plain flour
- 400 gram caster sugar
- 90 gram cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 500 ml water
- 190 ml olive oil
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees Celsius (fan forced).
- Put cupcake papers in your cupcake tray.
- Sift together the dry ingredients. In separate bowl mix together wet ingredients.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and mix with beater.
- Mixture is very liquid so use jug to pour into cupcake cases.
- Bake for 15 minutes.