I am on a muffin roll at the moment. I made these carrot muffins for a little adventure day planned tomorrow for Al, Archie and Rissie – they are divine. I think I am turning into a muffin.
Vegan Carrot Muffins
A super-easy recipe for vegan carrot muffins.
Servings: 12 muffins
- 450 gram plain flour
- A pinch salt
- 3 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 170 gram caster sugar
- 100 gram light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 180 ml olive oil
- 475 ml water
- 2 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 240 gram grated carrot
- 12 walnuts
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees fan forced oven.
- Line cupcake tin with cases.
- Mix flours with salt, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In another bowl, briskly whisk the sugar with oil.
- Add water and vinegar to sugar and oil and whisk well.
- Mix the dry ingredients with wet ingredients. Fold in the carrot.
- Fill the cases with the batter.
- Put a walnut on the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.