Breakfast is the meal I struggle with most. I know I shouldn’t skip it. I do my walk, the water buckets and half an hour of work. Then I round up the kids and Kevin and Rosie for school drop off. After that, breakfast seems to escape me. I love smoothies, smoothie bowls and am even warming to chia seeds, but I have discovered that the addition of a sweet breakfast crumb makes everything more appealing!!!
Archie and Rissie have also started adding it to their Weetbix and I have caught Rissie just adding milk. I have shared a few versions of this breakfast crumb as I tend to wing it when making it, so every version is a new recipe. This one was particularly good. It also made enough to put in jars and should be enough for the three of us for the week.
This is super easy to make, stores well and adds a lovely ‘treat’ element to the most boring of breakfasts! I get all my bulk products from Tenterfield Health for those who live in the Tenterfield area.
Sweet Breakfast Crumb
- 1 cup cashews raw
- 1 cup almonds raw
- 1 cup walnuts raw
- 1 cup pistachios raw
- 2 cups dates dried and pitted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Add all ingredients to food processor and whiz into a fine sticky crumb.
- Store in an air-tight container or jar.
- Serve with your favourite breakfast chia pudding, yoghurts,ice-creams, cereals and sorbets.