I love Sundays. Our Sunday has not exactly been lazy today as the kids had their weekly jobs to do, I had a bit of cooking to do and there was our weekly washing to do. But despite this, we all moved at a lovely slow pace, the sun was shining, I managed a bit of sitting time with the dogs and now the kids and I are about to get horizontal as I introduce them to all the lovely characters of Pearl Bay. Complete with a lounge room picnic with this very delicious Roast Pumpkin Hummus.
This was super easy and apart from preparing the pumpkin, it only took a few minutes. I have always loved roast pumpkin so I think this would have to be one of my favourite versions of hummus so far.
Roast Pumpkin Hummus
- 800 gram Kent Pumpkin peeled, diced and seeds removed
- 2 tins Chickpeas
- 5 cloves Garlic peeled
- 2 tablespoons Tahini
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Chickpeas, pepitas and hemp seeds to garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius, prepare pumpkin.
- Toss pumpkin in olive oil and liberally salt.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- Once pumpkin has cooled a little, put all ingredients in processor and
blend until smooth. Salt to taste.
- Garnish with chickpeas, hemp seeds and pepitas.