Day 25 of 30 recipes in 30 days
I so loved the lemon cupcakes I made a little while ago that I thought I would try an orange version. Archie and Rissie absolutely demolished the lemon ones so I thought they would enjoy a different version.
These were so easy and so tasty. Also light and fluffy and very moreish!
1 ½ cups Plain Flour
3/4 cup Caster Sugar
1 ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
Zest of orange
2/3 cup Almond Milk
1/4 cup Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons Orange Juice
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees Celsius fan-forced oven. Line a cupcake pan with 12 cases.
- In a bowl mix the dry ingredients together
- In another bowl mix the wet ingredients together
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix that together. Mix until the batter just comes together – to avoid the vegan brick don’t overmix.
- Evenly fill the cupcake cases
- Bake 20 minutes until tops are lightly golden. Allow to cool.
2 tablespoons of orange juice
3 tablespoons of almond milk
Zest from one orange
4 cups of icing sugar
Mix all the ingredients together until forms a smooth icing glaze. Drizzle the glaze over the cupcakes and decorate with whatever takes your fancy. I used orange zest.