Day 13 of 30 recipes in 30 days
Another cold and wet day and I was craving soup. One of my favourite soups has always been Minestrone. The perfect meal for a cold weather evening in front of a DVD. I like mine with lots of pasta, so if you would prefer a soupier version, just use 1 cup instead of 2 of macaroni. This is super easy, it really is only a matter of chopping the vegetables and let everything then simmer away!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
A good splash of olive oil
2 onions peeled and diced
4 cloves of garlic peeled and minced
4 carrots sliced
2 sticks of celery sliced
2 potatoes peeled and diced
140 grams of Tomato Paste
1 cup of red wine
1 litre of vegetable stock
1 zucchini sliced
3 button squash sliced
2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
2 cups of macaroni (1 cup if you prefer a soupier version)
- Coat the bottom of the pan with olive oil and add the onions, garlic, celery and carrots.
- When the onion is translucent, add the tomato paste and stir
- Add the red wine and vegetable stock and bring to a simmer
- Add potatoes, zucchini, button squash and nutritional yeast.
- Allow to simmer for 30 minutes
- Add the macaroni and allow to cook for a further 10 minutes until the pasta is ready.
- Serve immediately.
- Leftovers are great, though might have to add a little stock as soup tends to thicken overnight.