Day 14 of 30 recipes in 30 days
I woke up at about 2am this morning thinking about bloody corn fritters! I seem to be taking a trip down memory lane with my current recipe challenge. It is another thing that takes me back to childhood. Corn Fritters like pikelets just smell of childhood and make me feel a hell of a lot longer and they also make me salivate.
The kids and I planned to do a bit of a road trip today to mark the last day of the school holidays as we are a little sad they are over, and I had promised them a yummy breakfast before we headed off. Rissie looked a little dubious when I served up these rather than pancakes but between the three of us, we scoffed the lot!
1 ½ cups corn kernels into a bowl
1 ½ cups corn kernels for processor
3 spring onions – white part thinly sliced
5 tablespoons of almond milk
1/3 cup of polenta
1/3 cup of plain flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
Salt and Pepper
- Place the first 1 ½ cups of corn and thinly sliced spring onions into a bowl
- Process the second ½ cups of corn with 3 tablespoons of almond milk
- Add the polenta, plain four and baking powder and stir to combine
- Season with salt and pepper
- Heat fry pan to a medium heat .and grease with olive oil.
- Use a ¼ measure to scoop out the fritter batter into frypan and flatten with an eggflip.
- Cook for a few minutes on each until golden brown.