Day 27 of 30 recipes in 30 days
Day 27 – I am so close to the end now I can taste it. I am looking forward to a break and living on soup, fruit and vegetables for a while. Creating all this food has been an incredible challenge! I was trying to create friands today, but I am not sure that I can call these little creatures friands. The recipe wasn’t exactly a failure though as these creations were so light and delicate that I have decided to call them Chocolate & Almond Cloud Bites.
I get all my ingredients apart from fresh fruit and vegetables from Tenterfield Health. I love their maple syrup, not only does it taste good, but it also comes in the prettiest maple leaf jar which I use as a vase for my roses which are just starting to appear!
Chocolate & Almond Cloud Bites:
1 cup self-raising flour
1 cup almond meal
¼ cup cacao powder
Pinch of salt
¼ cup brown sugar
¾ cup olive oil
½ cup maple syrup
½ cup almond milk
- Line a mini muffin tin (24 holes) with mini muffin cases and pre-heat oven to 160 degrees Celsius
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl
- Mix wet ingredients in a jug and then add to mixing bowl and mix until combined
- Spoon into mini muffin cases, top with some flaked almonds and bake for approximately 8 minutes
- Allow to cool then enjoy!