I was craving a chewy biscuit this afternoon. I thought it might be nice for the kids to have a treat when they get home. For some reason, none of us had wanted to go to school or work today. I had no desire to go into town so I thought whatever I had I would use. Luckily I had a little of the amazing Peanut Butter that I got from Tenterfield Health last week along with some pistachios and sultanas. These biscuits are vegan and gluten-free and a chewy delight just perfect with a cuppa.
Chewy Pistachio & Sultana Biscuits
- 3 1/2 cup Almond Meal
- 1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
- Smidge Salt
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Almond Milk Unsweetened
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Sultanas
- 1/2 cup Pistachios Raw and shelled
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- In a bowl mix together all ingredients.
- Scoop out balls of dough – about a tablespoon and place onto the baking paper lined baking trays.
- Flatten lightly with a fork dipped into almond meal.
- Leave a fair amount of space between biscuits as they will spread when cooking.
- Bake for 11 minutes when they are golden brown and starting to firm up.
- Transfer gently to a cooling tray with an egg flip but be very gentle as biscuits will still be quite soft.
- Biscuits will continue to firm as they cool but will still have a lovely chewy centre.