After my recent raspberry muffins, I wanted to try a blueberry version. To these I added fresh ginger as I am currently going through a ginger obsession. They added a lovely zing to these muffins which were devoured by the kids when they got home today. To make their homecoming even more perfect, we had a massive 10-minute storm that just passed over Tenterfield leaving flooding back-yards and hail in its wake.
Muffins, rain and hail – oh my!
Blueberry and Ginger Muffins
- 450 gram plain flour
- Pinch salt
- 3 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 170 gram caster sugar
- 100 gram brown sugar
- 180 ml olive oil
- 475 ml water
- 2 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 240 gram blueberries 12 for each muffin
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees fan forced oven.
- Line cupcake tin with cases.
- Mix flour with sugar, baking powder, salt and ginger.
- In another bowl, whisk the oil, water and vinegar.
- Mix the dry ingredients with wet ingredients. Fold in the blueberries.
- Fill the cases with the batter. Put a blueberry onto the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.