Well, it is day 4 of my 30 recipes in 30 days challenge.
I must admit my daily challenge seems to have resulted in me eating a hell of a lot more than I normally do. So, I wanted to go for something that felt a little lighter today. Also, as I am eagerly waiting in anticipation for the ‘rain event’ that is meant to be arriving and the weather is a little cooler, I felt inspired to make an indulgent soup.
Another recipe that is good for the soul as well as the body and did not really take much work at all. As the kids are not with me, I have been returning to my pajamas after my morning walk and I did not want to have to get dressed to go to the shops, so I had to use what I had in the house. Luckily, I had oodles of carrots for my guinea pigs and everything else was in my cupboard!
Balsamic and Maple Roasted Carrot Soup
2 onions – peeled and roughly chopped
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons of maple syrup
A generous sprinkling of salt
A generous sprinkling of pepper
1 litre of vegetable stock
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Chop the ends of the carrots and roughly chop
- Peel the onions and roughly chop
- Place in a mixing bowl and coat with the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, salt and pepper
- Place on two baking trays lined with baking paper and place in oven for 35 minutes
- Transfer onions and carrots to a saucepan and add the vegetable stock, bring to the boil and reduce to a simmer for approximately 40 minutes until carrots are soft and tender.
- Blitz everything with a hand-held blender or transfer to your blender jug until smooth. If a little thick just add water until you get the consistency you like.